DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring a localization engineer in our autonomy software team to develop best in class self-driving delivery robots. In this role, you’ll work with multiple stakeholders including Product, Engineering (hardware and software), and Operations to develop and improve our localization system. You’ll be researching, designing, and implementing enhancements to a core part of our autonomy stack.
What You’ll Do
- Play an integral role on a small and focused team
- Research, develop and implement LiDAR-based mapping and localization algorithms for our next generation of self-driving delivery robots
- Analyze and systematically test and improve localization algorithms
- Contribute to the architecture of a safe and redundant system
What We’re Looking For
- In-depth knowledge and experience in state estimation, localization, and mapping with LiDAR
- Domain expertise with probabilistic filtering (e.g. Kalman filters, particle filters) and sensor fusion of GNSS, LiDAR, RADAR, camera, inertial and odometry data
- Experience working with point clouds and large datasets both offline and as part of a real-time system
- Strong C++ experience, along with linear algebra, probability, optimization, and 3D geometric algorithm skills
- Industry experience designing, implementing and extending algorithms
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or related technical field
Nice to Haves
- Demonstrated experience implementing optimized CPU/GPU code
- Experience with machine learning techniques applied to localization
- Experience developing low-level software as part of a safety-critical system
- Prior experience in the self-driving vehicle space
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.