About the Role
As a leader on the Growth Marketing Team, you'll build automation across our growth marketing channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Online video, Affiliate and email channels). You will improve the effectiveness of our Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) across all performance marketing channels by reducing our marketing cost and reinvesting to improve our customer acquisition goals. You'll lead a team and working with partners on Product, Engineering, Data Science, Analytics and BI to build automated platforms to improve and deploy our spend across our partners. You will also develop/implement a roadmap to improve our attribution and measurement, promote incrementality testing and adapt to changes in the marketing landscape (e.g. CCPA, iOS 14, Firebase changes). partners on getting agreement on goals and investments.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
You will lead the strategy for Marketing Technology at Doordash and help deploy millions of dollars of spend. You will be at the helm of developing and deploying data-driven marketing product solutions and needed infrastructure to ensure performance and scalability. You will communicate with the Executive Team and senior partners on the marketing technology vision, strategy and working with multiple partners on getting agreement on goals and investments.
- Lead Marketing Technology roadmap at Doordash as a business owner and work across Marketing, Data Science, Analytics, Product, Engineering and BI teams
- Improve and deploy multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets across all performance marketing channels including Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Display, App Install Campaigns and Referrals
- Partner with Product/Engineering/Data Science teams to build the roadmap for marketing platform evolution and expansion
- Maintain metrics across channels including budget pacing, LTV, and CAC
- Work with diverse teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of opportunities within the business
- Inspire the team to evolve into automating our marketing spend and manual tasks such as feeds
- Apply tools, methodologies and standard methodologies for improving the platform development process, and to promote simple fast and outcome-based releases
We’re excited about you because…
- A BA/BS degree and 7+ years of related performance marketing or consulting experience.
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Passion for intersection of Marketing and Technology. You educate yourself about the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out.
- Evolve complex data sets into recommendations for senior executives
- Experience in ad platform or e-commerce would be ideal.
- Experience defining product roadmaps and establishing partnership with product counterparts.
- Deep familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, and LTV.
- Experience with paid marketing channels (Social, Display, Affiliate, Search, and Mobile).
- Experience working across organizational boundaries and matrixed reporting structures.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- High degree of familiarity with Machine Learning concepts and Marketplace principles and demonstrated ability to apply these to improve results.
- Experience with Web & App Tracking/Attribution.
- Experience working on multi-sided marketplace businesses.
- Data oriented- you get excited when insights jump out of the data.
- Strategic - you find trends in your data and look for the "so what."
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and creatively solving challenging problems.
- A natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with growth-mindset, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that improve profitable growth.
- Well-versed on solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- Someone who leads mostly with questions rather than opinions, thriving on the opportunity to manage, create, and always re-evaluate.
- Comfortable making recommendations across competing needs.
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and desire to motivate your team and the wider organization.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.