About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Customer Experience is tasked with ensuring that there’s always someone there to help make things right when complications arise with fulfilling a delivery. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s large and growing global network of support centres, with the ultimate goal of delivering an effortless support experience, every time.
You will be responsible for ensuring every one of our consumers, merchants, and dashers get the help they need at the moment they need it. This will require building a high-performing team to continuously improve our operations as we scale rapidly.
- This is a senior and cross functional leadership role that will be accountable for the success of customer experience– including CSAT and cost–in Japan.
- This person will be expected to oversee strategy development, execution, and resource procurement to enable growth and retention in the market.
- They will need to “operate at the lowest level of detail”, methodically solving problems big and small-- such as one customer’s complaint or a process affecting millions.
- Setting the right goals, making the right tradeoffs, and effectively advocating for the right solutions across our business will be critical to achieve success
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and develop a high performing team of leaders and front-line teammates in Japan
- Help DoorDash execute on a mission-critical growth objective by retaining our customers, merchants, and dashers when they’ve experienced a defect
- Improve our product and service offerings by partnering with product, engineering, and logistics to prioritise and solve those defects at the source
- Generate, dig into and leverage data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience.
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly operations of DoorDash’s first international contact centre
- Have the opportunity to grow into a broader role as we grow both within Japan and internationally
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have a demonstrated track record of success with 8+ years of experience in support operations, product operations, general management, management consulting, or equivalent experience
- Are comfortable building, leading, and motivating a large, high performing team in a rapidly evolving operations environment
- Can manage a broad portfolio of initiatives while effortlessly diving into the details on any given topic
- At your core, are a data-driven, analytical problem solver, capable of solving new problems with new solutions
- Are motivated by an obsession with service quality; you want to do right by our customers and help DoorDash build a world-class customer experience
- Have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills–including fluency in both Japanese and English
- Have strong analytical skills - an ability to tell a compelling story with data to advocate for resources is a must
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.