As Director of Enterprise Partnerships - New Verticals you will lead the acquisition and development of partnerships across some of our most strategic new verticals.
The New Verticals Enterprise team is responsible for the strategic vision, acquisition, and development of our relationships with the company’s largest partners. This is a critical piece of DoorDash’s growth and success in every market in which we operate.
As the Director of Enterprise Partnerships - New Verticals you will lead the strategy and partnerships across a number of our most strategic new verticals, including grocery, convenience and alcohol.
You are a highly effective sales and business development professional, capable of engaging in business level and P&L focused conversations with C-level executives at publicly traded companies. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys diving into financial models and mapping out P&L implications of potential deal structures. You can lead a complex, multi-party sales process in a highly consultative manner.
Finally, you enjoy building stuff; you like to experiment with new things to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
What you’ll do
- Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new product offerings.
- Own the strategy and execution for engaging with and selling into our largest partners
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Manage pipelines of target partners
- Nurture and grow existing partnerships
- Impact Driven -- You have a natural desire to make a huge impact on the business
- Detailed-Oriented -- You love digging into low levels of detail to extract insights
- Strategic -- You love to find the win-win and develop novel agreement structures to grow business with partners
- Gritty -- You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Multi-Disciplinary -- You are happy juggling many priorities concurrently
- 8+ years of business development experience, preferably a mix of startup and larger enterprise experience
- Experience with C-level partnership negotiations
- Ability to lead analysis-driven negotiation processes
- Proven closing skills
- Familiarity with the food delivery, 3rd party marketplace, or logistics industries
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort with basic modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 6,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.