About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Director of Engineering with strong product sense and a fraud background to lead our Fraud & Identity organization. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the trust & safety of our entire DoorDash suite of products ranging from financial fraud to identity experiences to safety features and much more! You’ll be leading an org of 60+ engineers to build the risk engine, challenges, identity products and services, and much more while ensuring that we are able to handle high scale at the same time.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive the engineering vision, strategy, and execution for an organization of 60+ engineers.
- Partner with Business, Product, and other Engineering teams to define and evolve the roadmap.
- Scale the team by developing leaders internally and attracting world-class talent.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience in people management and have managed similar sized organizations
- Experience navigating ambiguous business problems and tackling high scale technical challenges
- Experience leading full-stack engineering across machine learning, backend, and mobile.
- You have intimate knowledge on the fraud domain
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - you sign up for and drive high business impact
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Strong hands-on technical leader and strong product sense
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.