We’re looking for a Design Systems Designer to help define and evolve our design system, working closely with brand & product design to develop our product design language.
The Design Systems Designer contributes to the look, feel, and interaction of our entire product experience, defining the foundations of our software for Consumers, Merchants, and DashersThey’ll set up our product design team for success by defining our product design language for iOS, Android, and Web. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing logistics platform that empowers local economies around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Design systems and patterns that will allow product designers and front-end engineers to focus on product-level problems and ship high quality work efficiently and consistently.
- Define beautiful, expressive, and intuitive visual, motion, and interaction design with principles and patterns, across all of our product and platforms, like Web, iOS, and Android.
- Deliver pixel-perfect static and interactive mockups.
- Provide thorough guidelines and documentation that connects and resonates with the teams using our design systems.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Software Engineers, and Design Technologists to develop and ship the system.
- Write documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied in code and design.
- Be the design ambassador. Articulate design decisions to product design, brand design, engineering and product.
- You care deeply about setting up the team up for success—helping define and evolve the design system to help other designers do their best work is 80% of this job.
- You are excellent at exploring design solutions at both a systematic level and feature level.
- You are comfortable articulating and recommending trade offs on design decisions.
- You think in systems; you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system.
- You care about the details and the craft of your designs and how those designs get translated on a deep level.
- You have a good understanding of how your designs will be implemented, and can collaborate with design technologists to add it to the system.
- You can anticipate how aspects of the system will be used by designers, and design for the best default user experience.
- You understand how visual design and interaction design work together to make design clear.
- 6–8 years of experience as a design systems or product designer at a digital product company, contributing to or leading the design and visual execution of product experiences. At least 2 years of design systems experience required.
- Experience mentoring younger product/system designers.
- Experience working on a design system in the past.
- A portfolio of strong interaction design, design systems, and product design work.
- Extremely high attention to detail. You set the bar for what we strive to do in our products.
- Expertise with Figma, Sketch, Principle, Flinto (and other design tools).
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what’s the latest with DoorDash:
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.