About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success.
The Consumer team designs the mobile apps and website that millions of customers use every day to order meals and more from their favorite local merchants. We create the entire customer experience — onboarding, restaurant discovery, placing an order, DashPass (our subscription service), and much more — and ensure that our products are easy to use and delightful.
DoorDash is now the #1 app in the Food & Drink category, but we're rapidly growing beyond restaurant delivery into all types of local commerce. The Consumer team will play a central role in that evolution.
About the Role
You'll manage a team of designers responsible for one of the Consumer product groups. Managing your team includes:
- Team Mentorship – You'll coach the designers on your team, providing both project feedback and career guidance, and create opportunities for your team members to thrive.
- Hiring – You'll partner with our recruiting team to find, attract, interview, and hire new designers for your team.
- Product Leadership – You'll work with your peers in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, User Research, and more to define a shared vision and roadmap for our consumer products.
You'll report to the Director of Consumer Product Design on our Product Design team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you'll…
- Contribute directly to DoorDash's consumer product strategy and define the future of our service.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and then chart a path forward.
- Recruit and mentor an outstanding team of designers and help them grow.
- Influence the larger team's approach to product development, shaping both the organization and our processes.
- Improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers every day.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience leading successful product design teams.
- You're an advocate for product quality and user-centric product development.
- You engage your teammates and proactively initiate new programs.
- You're comfortable working within complex product ecosystems.
- You're enthusiastic about collaboration and team-building.
Additional Design Team Information
- DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
- DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.