About the Team
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on building DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to design and execute recruiting strategies that enable DoorDash to hire exceptional talent in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
Our focus areas are:
RECRUITING STRATEGY--We partner with hiring teams to design recruiting strategies & processes to consistently attract and hire amazing people at scale.
BUILDING RECRUITING CAPABILITIES--We develop and build capabilities in the people of DoorDash to be an extension of the Recruiting team, increasing their skills and confidence in assessing quality talent with an eye on creating diverse & inclusive teams.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE--We manage the finesse of the interview scheduling and logistics to create a memorably personalized and unparalleled candidate experience.
QUALITY OF HIRE--We are a true partner in hiring; it's our job to help managers ensure we take a structured approach to hiring to ensure we are hiring only the best for DoorDash!
The majority of the Recruiting team is based in San Francisco, CA (our headquarters) and Phoenix, AZ as well as recruiters in Chicago, Denver and New York.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Manager of Strategy & Operations Recruiting to help build our recruiting machine. DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in helping shape the function responsible for our future products and expansion.
As one of our Senior Manager’s of S&O Recruiting, it is your responsibility to develop and drive our S&O recruiting strategy ranging from capacity planning, community partnerships, recruiter/sourcer productivity, progress reports, talent engagement, hiring events,etc. We are looking for someone to bring their unique background to help us problem solve with a new approach. As a leader at DoorDash, you will act as a strategic partner for leaders across our S&O, Merchant Services, and Platform Operations functions to identify talent needs, implement sourcing and scaling solutions, deliver innovative programs for diversity recruitment and drive the team to deliver against our bold and dynamic hiring plans.
You will report to our Director of Business Recruiting who is based at DoorDash’s HQ in San Francisco, CA.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
- Lead DoorDash’s S&O recruiting and sourcing strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs for our corporate business functions.
- Attract, develop and retain recruiters and sourcers of all levels and capabilities.
- Deploy forecasting, reporting and analytics rigor to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results)
- Deliver ongoing reports to track results, progress to goal, impact, hiring quality and cost-effectiveness of the Recruiting team.
- Use information to detect trends/insights and adjust the strategy to optimize the impact of the team.
- Proactively communicate strategy updates and team productivity to leadership and hiring teams.
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled diverse candidates.
- Lead and mentor team members with a focus on industry knowledge and innovation.
- Meaningfully contribute to org planning and design, and implement and maintain processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in the short and long-term.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with experience driving, building and scaling recruiting teams in hyper-growth environments. Previous experience managing virtual/remote teams a plus.
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters and sourcers; they seek you out and will follow you anywhere.
- You have 10+ years of recruiting/sourcing or equivalent business experience, with at least 4 years of experience leading high-performing teams. Having managed and overseen hiring for multiple functions a plus. Previous strategy/operations recruiting experience is also a plus.
- You build trusted relationships with people at all levels, across multiple functions and in all geographies.
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals.
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change.
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges.
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting/sourcing teams.
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners.
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels (IC to Exec/BOD).
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact.
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.