About the Role
We’re looking for a Director for Consumer Growth. Your mission is to get everyone in the world to try DoorDash and get hooked in their first month. As the leader for Consumer Growth, you’ll spearhead a team that drives critical business goals (like new customer acquisition, activation, retention, and resurrection). You’ll also build amazing consumer-facing products (new user onboarding, referrals & virality, notifications & communications.).
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive “visible from space” impact that takes DoorDash to new heights
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star product managers
- Drive the product definition, strategy, and long term vision for Consumer Growth and Engagement at DoorDash
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, and marketing. You'll guide product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for the area
- Engage and cultivate relationships with Consumers to deeply understand their needs
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, to the management team, etc.
- Report to the Head of Core Consumer & Growth Product.
We’re excited about you because…
- Track record of impact - you’ve been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- Bias to action and agility - you move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- “Break through walls” mentality - you are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen. You’re a playmaker.
- Clarity of thought - you can articulate a clear product vision to cross-functional partners and our leadership team.
- 3+ years of experience managing PMs
- 8+ years of PM experience
- (nice to have) Prior experience working in a Growth role (acquisition, activation, retention, etc.)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.