We’re looking for a hands-on builder and leader to help launch and scale special projects.
Grocery is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
What You’ll Do
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead. You’ll hire and develop a high-performing team across the grocery vertical.
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re persuasive. You are an effective communicator, speaking as if you’re right and listening as if you’re wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 8+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, or challenging environment.
- You have 3-5 years of team management experience. Building and developing a high-performing team is something you are passionate about.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have experience in the grocery industry.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.