DoorDash is missioned to change the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we're proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. We are at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers alike - are at the forefront of our product strategy. We believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of our business.
Behind the magic of the successful three-sided marketplace and customer experience, there is a secret underlying engine: our internal tools.
For example, how do we onboard and maintain hundreds of thousands of merchants and their menus? We have a tool for that. How do we keep our customers, Dashers, and merchants happy when things go wrong? We have a tool for that. How do we track hundreds of A/B tests happening simultaneously, and feed their results back to influence our product strategy? We have a tool for that. All of these and more, are what help us to do business.
We're looking for a talented leader in the San Francisco Bay Area to build a design team from scratch. This team's design will affect the daily experience of thousands of our internal employees and agents at DoorDash. This is an opportunity to define the team's vision, culture, and process from the ground up and solve big, meaningful design problems.
What You'll Do
- Practice and evangelize the customer-centric thinking organizationally
- Be a thought partner to cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Operations to work towards our mission on multiple internal tooling needs
- Partner with the design leadership team to build the holistic journey from the customer-facing to agent-facing experiences
- Recruit great people who will raise the bar at DoorDash
- Coach and mentor designers on both soft and hard skills and help them develop and achieve career goals
- Build a culture that elevates the team, in terms of both performance and morale
- Establish the operating model that increases the team's effectiveness
- Align the team's priorities and deliverables to our overarching strategy and goals
- Be the inspirational leader by your creativity, vision, commitment, and persistence
- You excel in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are comfortable in navigating through ambiguity and complexity
- You exhibit a strong bias toward action
- You can think and scale at 10x
- You are a proactive problem solver, not just a problem identifier
- You are curious and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a respected people manager with high EQ; You know how to motivate a team even in the most challenging times
- You attract top talents and hire people who will raise the bar
- You champion for shipping quality products
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and effective communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Portfolio showcasing the problem-solving skill at large-scale and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Have built modern, beautiful world-class tools that are easy to use (tool design shouldn't look outdated and clunky!)
- Have passion and experience in solving complex problems
- 10+ years of experience in design, with 3 years in team building and management
- Have managed a team of 3 or more
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools, and technology cross-platform
- Can work in our office in San Francisco or Mountain View post-COVID
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what's the latest with DoorDash:
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.