About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a seasoned leader for our People Operations and Technology team!
DoorDash is seeking a leader for our People Operations and Technology team who will enable us to efficiently scale from 3,000 to 10,000 employees over the next several years. You will own the strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies that enable the People team to operate effectively and deliver a world-class employee experience. This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at DoorDash at an inflection point where our focus is on achieving global scale, enabling new lines of business, and serving new employee segments.
About the Role
- You will shape and define the overall People Ops and Technology team strategy and operating model - you will have the opportunity to define the strategy and operating model for the team, which will initially include but is not limited to: Onboarding, Offboarding, Compliance, Immigration, Contingent Workforce Management, HR Service Desk, and HR Technology.
- You will lead a team of >15, with the opportunity to significantly grow the team in your early months. Given our rapid growth we are aggressively hiring for the team. You will have the opportunity to shape the teams’ staffing and hiring strategy.
- You will drive process design and implementation - You will design and implement low defect-rate, technology-enabled processes that drive efficiency for the People team as well as DoorDash employees. You will partner closely with cross-functional partners across functions such as Recruiting, HRBP, Total Rewards, Payroll, and Legal to define process objectives and success metrics that ensure success.
- You will own the Workday roadmap - you will ensure that Workday and other HR technology is optimized to meet the needs of our business and employees.
- You will shape the strategy for critical business initiatives - the People Ops & Tech team is a critical player in driving the successful execution of key business initiatives such as international expansion. You will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy for these initiatives, in many cases with the opportunity to build from the ground up.
This role is a key leadership role for the People team and reports to the VP of People Strategy and Operations.
We’re excited about you because…
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You are adept at translating high level business strategy into implementation plans that ensure high quality execution. You have an eye for detail while keeping the 30,000 foot view in mind. You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook.
- You are an expert at designing and implementing systems and processes that scale. You have a track record of going from “scrappy” to “scaled.” You are a master at driving efficient, repeatable processes that generate consistent results. You are a systems thinker and easily connect the dots between need and technological solution. You love continuously improving - your favorite DoorDash value is likely “1% better every day.” You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction, and increase quality.
- You are a strong leader with a track record of building customer-obsessed teams. You are a proven leader with a track record of building and growing high performing teams. You are an effective recruiter and you develop the talent within your team. Your teams are inspired by creating world class experiences for our employees.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You love measuring impact and managing to ambitious goals. You’re effective at setting clear goals and measuring the impact of initiatives - whether it’s about driving accuracy, time savings, or customer delight.
- You have a strong understanding of HR fundamentals. You understand the technical side of HR, such as compliance and employment law requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership and management experience in progressively more challenging roles.
- Prior experience leading People Ops and Technology or key functions within that team in 5,000+ employee organizations preferred
- Prior experience with Workday preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.