DoorDash is looking for a seasoned engineering leader with product and infrastructure intuition to oversee key areas of our Risk engineering team in San Francisco. The Risk team is responsible for upholding the trust and safety of our overall platform. There's a wide breadth of problems to solve across mobile, web, backend, and machine learning. In this role, you'll be building a real-time risk engine that evaluates every transaction & behavior, provides the necessary infrastructure for us to make accurate decisions in real-time, and ultimately helps us master the science behind fighting fraudsters!
What You’ll Do
- Scale the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior engineers) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance for a growing team of up to 25+
- Engage with key business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for a variety of our products
What We’re Looking For
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading technical teams of 20+
- Extensive experience (and interest!) in the Risk domain
- Experience leading full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, mobile, and machine learning
- Experience working on a user-facing product
- Ability to navigate ambiguous business problems and tackle technical challenges
- Demonstrated business and technical accomplishments
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humility - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.