About the Team
The Web Platform Team's mission is to create a better development experience for web engineers across the company.
We create libraries, tools and frameworks that enable product teams to ship features quickly and reliably. We want DoorDash frontend engineers to be the most productive in the industry. Our success as a platform team depends on the success of the product teams we serve. Because of this, we invest in building a strong web community that encourages participation and promotes best practices.
We work with technologies/languages like Node.js, TypeScript, Kubernetes, React or Cypress, just to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- You will build the foundational pieces all DoorDash web applications are built upon.
- You will learn and introduce cutting-edge technologies like Next.js and Apollo Server.
- You will work and collaborate across team boundaries.
- You will contribute features and bug fixes to upstream open-source projects.
- You will mentor and educate your peers.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- Create and implement industry best practices for web development.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.