About the Team
DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and we are hiring a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) to help shape our future.
At DoorDash, we believe that we're a career destination where everyone, especially women of all backgrounds and people of color, can do the very best work of their careers. Our employees are our most important customers and we believe that an inclusive company culture drives stronger results. As part of the Culture and Belonging function, the DEI team strives to build diversity, equity, and inclusion into People operations, policies, and programs, therefore empowering our ~5,000 employees across the U.S., Australia, Canada, India, Japan, and Mexico with the tools to ensure that underrepresented identities and perspectives are valued and can thrive.
About the Role
You will guide our company-wide diversity and inclusion strategy, initiatives, programs, and partnerships. You will be a sponsor, strategic partner, and thought leader for DEI at DoorDash by applying your deep expertise and by keeping your finger on the pulse of industry best practices, benchmarks, and the latest DEI approaches.
You will report to the VP of Global Culture and Belonging and will lead the DEI team under the broader Culture and Belonging function. You will manage two direct reports, hire additional team members, and be an essential partner to our Management Team, Leadership Team, People Team, and underrepresented communities at DoorDash. We are considering candidates across the U.S. provided they are open to necessary travel post COVID-19. DoorDash employees are working remotely through the end of 2021.
You're excited about this opportunity because…
- You will develop and drive the implementation of DoorDash's DEI strategy, including the integration of DEI into core people and business processes along the employee lifecycle (e.g. recruiting, onboarding, learning and development, performance management, recognition, succession)
- You will partner with the People Leadership Team to create impact through DEI metrics and track progress to goals
- You will partner within Culture and Belonging and across the organization to launch employer brand, recruitment marketing, recruiting, and retention initiatives that allow everyone to increase and retain underrepresented employees across the company
- You will listen and integrate the voices of DoorDash's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) into the overall DEI strategy and use their power of connection, community, and engagement to enhance outcomes
- You will provide oversight to relationships with external communities and organizations that are driving towards meaningful social change through leadership development
- You will be a leader who consults internally and externally on broader issues that impact communities of color and other underrepresented communities to support effective and innovative solutions that achieve meaningful results at scale
We're excited about you because…
- You have 15+ years of work experience, including people management, with at least 5 years of experience with DEI
- You have demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving adjacent teams to accomplish the plan
- You have successfully facilitated enterprise-level plans with and across the senior leadership layer
- You are experienced in interpreting data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, guide decisions and measure impact
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.