DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in helping shape the function responsible for attracting our future.
The Head of Leadership Recruiting is responsible for developing and driving our leadership recruiting strategy across all Director, VP and C-level roles. As a leader at DoorDash, you will act as a strategic partner for leaders across our business functions to identify talent needs, design proactive recruiting solutions, deliver innovative programs for diversity recruitment and drive the team to deliver against our bold and dynamic hiring plans.
You will report to our VP, Talent and the role is located at DoorDash’s HQ in San Francisco, CA.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will...
- Lead DoorDash’s leadership recruiting and search strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse leaders to meet our current and future hiring needs for our business functions
- Drive global executive recruiting strategy including directly owning key searches in business, engineering, and product leadership positions
- Attract, develop and retain recruiters and researchers of all levels and capabilities
- Deploy forecasting, reporting and analytics rigor to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results)
- Proactively communicate strategy updates and team productivity to leadership and hiring teams
- Own the long game in terms of nurturing talent over long periods of time understanding their next moves, motivations and where they might fit at DoorDash
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled diverse candidates
- Lead and mentor team members with a focus on industry knowledge and innovation
- Contribute to the design, implement and maintain processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in the short and long-term
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with experience driving, building and scaling leadership recruiting teams in hyper-growth environments
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters and researchers--they seek you out and will follow you anywhere
- You build trusted relationships with people at all levels, across multiple functions and in all geographies
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges
- You have 10 years of recruiting or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience overseeing a leadership recruiting strategy within a hyper-growth environment at progressive companies
- You have experience leading executive-level searches in technical and business disciplines
- You have experience working with C-level executives and VPs to solve hiring needs
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting/sourcing teams
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) at all levels (IC to Exec/BOD)
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.