About the Team
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Live Operations ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile, there’s always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s largest team, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as efficiently and reliably as possible.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Sr. Manager, Live Operations to develop the operational strategy for and lead the domestic and international, in-house support for an essential business vertical. You will be analytical, have a demonstrated track record of effective execution, and be eager to lead their team of people leaders through challenging growth and process optimization. Direct experience being a key leader for a top-tier, global customer support operation is highly valued but not required; we are looking for a people-centric, data-driven, action-oriented, analytical problem solver first and foremost.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Overall, be a key driver of DoorDash’s core value, ‘love our customers like family’ within the, either through ensuring bad experiences are avoided before they happen or going above and beyond to make them right when they do
- Own essential support vertical’s daily, weekly and monthly operations within DoorDash’s large support contact center in Phoenix
- Coach a motivated team of operational people leaders
- Ensure service level agreements, customer satisfaction and efficiency metrics (AHT, Utilization, Occupancy) for your business vertical remain within goal, partnering with recruiting, workforce planning and real-time analysts to do so
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, product, and experience teams to drive sustained CSAT, NPS and retention improvements
- Scope and advocate for upstream defect reduction, serving as an important feedback loop from our large support network
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of professional experience in management consulting, customer experience, technology, supply chain or other relevant fields
- You have 8+ years experience leading a large, high-performing and versatile team
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop productive relationships within your team and internal stakeholders
- You’re a owner with a track record of driving change in demanding operating environments
- You’re comfortable leveraging tools and data to identify and solution inefficiencies
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good; you stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.