What we’re doing
DoorDash is building innovative kitchen formats that cater to the on-demand economy. These are kitchens tailored to off-premise (delivery, catering, pick-up, etc) with a minimum storefront. Our goal is to create the future of food delivery with a faster service and higher quality.
Who you are
You have experience as a leader in one of these industries: food and beverage, hospitality, or logistics/fulfillment in front-of-the house or administrative/facilities roles. You have a passion for customer service and are ready for a new challenge: to reinvent the kitchen for the modern age! You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocre service or product. You are humble and professional and are excited to be a supervisor or dive deeper into our kitchens technology. This role is a great entry point into DoorDash with the opportunity for internal growth.
Broad job description �
There are two possible specialization tracks as a Senior Associate:
1/ Kitchen Supervisor: Hire, manage and train Operations Associates, establish new processes and procedures, and manage all vendors servicing the Kitchen. This is a team lead position and you will be managing Operations Associates.
2/ Tech Specialist: Assist the Kitchens team with running technology experiments, be responsible for light analytics and reporting. This is an Individual Contributor role.
As an Operations Associate, you will help manage the day-to-day operations of a shared-use, commercial kitchen housing multiple restaurant operators. It will be your responsibility to ensure that food orders are quickly going out to our delivery drivers with 100% accuracy and delivering great customer experiences. You will support our restaurant operators, upkeep the facility, and maintain food safety compliance at all times. This position reports directly to the Kitchen Operations Manager.
People and Vendor Management (Kitchen Supervisor track)
- Hire and train Operations Associates
- Manage Operations Associates: lead team meetings, organize schedules, approve timecards, update Training Manuals and Kitchen Standard Operation Procedures
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers on space improvements and ensure they are paid on time
Technology (Tech Specialist track)
- Assist with the implementation of new technology experiments in coordination with DoorDash Kitchens leadership
- Track experiment results and do some light data analysis and reporting
- Help train Operations Associates in the technology experiments
- Lead opener & closer of the facility
- Manage supplier and vendor deliveries
- Personally clean and organize shared spaces daily including pick-up area, office, bathrooms and breakroom
- Provide basic maintenance and repairs to facility needed to continue operations
- Onboard new merchants and employees by conducting bi-weekly orientations
- Work with DoorDash Support agents to provide technical assistance to merchants (IT, phones, tablets, kitchen equipment, etc.)
- Standard operating procedures compliance & monitoring
- Ensure safe food handling procedures
- Manage the shared storage areas of the facility
- Assist merchants with expediting completed orders to pick up area and to Dashers
- Responsible for fulfilling all ice cream orders and maintaining associated prep area
- Responsible for executing occasional DoorDash Kitchen tests of products and services
Required experience and skills
Kitchen Supervisor track:
- Previous people and 3rd party management and administrative experiences
Tech Specialist track:
- Previous IT or Product/Tech project experiences
- Leadership and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, other associates, hourly employees and dashers while making decisions quickly and delegating responsibilities accordingly.
- Basic skills to make emergency repairs and conduct maintenance on the facility with basic tools provided.
- Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attention to detail and quality of service.
Nice to haves
- At least 1 year of previous experience in the food and beverage industry.
- At least 1 year of management or IT experiences.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, Salesforce and Point-of-Sale Software.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or Portuguese.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be comfortable working in a commercial kitchen
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to participate in all service aspects and training
We are hiring for day, night and weekend part-time associates for this role. Some night, weekend, and holiday availability is preferred.
$22 per hour part-time or full-time.
How to apply
If you feel that your skills are a match for the qualifications stated above and you are interested in working with a group of talented and driven individuals, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Individuals seeking employment at DoorDash are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.