Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
As a full stack software engineer in DoorDash’s Data Platform, your scope and impact would be enormous due to the expanding and complex business and product needs of a growing successful company. This role would have the scope and responsibility for all aspects of Data Platform.
About the Team
The Data Platform consists of multiple teams such as Data Infrastructure, Streaming Platform, ML Platform and Experimentation Platform. Our goal is to enable all of Doordash to utilize the power of data by providing a reliable, flexible and high quality Data Platform.
Some of the interesting work done in the team was published in articles such as analyzing switchback experiments (1), our evolving ML Platform (2). We help enable and unlock interesting solutions our product teams use such as marketplace decision making (3), personalized search and discovery of restaurants and food (4) etc.
You're excited about this opportunity because...
- You will own and be responsible for various Data Tools & Visualizations.
- You will work alongside our Data Analysts, Data Scientists, ML Engineers and Data Infrastructure engineers to collaborate on important projects that need user interfaces and tools needed for workflows, data discovery, integrations and visualizations of various analytics.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
We're excited about you because you have...
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale frontend applications
- Mastery of the foundations of the web: vanilla JS, HTML5, CSS3
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with React/Redux, or similar frameworks
- Experience with Java/Kotlin/Python
- Experience with any of the “Big Data” technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Snowflake, Mode, Segment, Spark etc.)
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
Nice To Haves
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $153,000 - $182,750, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Links & References