About the Team
The Customer Advocate supports the high-value merchants within the Support Operations portfolio. The team handles phone calls and casework for the VIP portfolio to prevent churn, grow the business, and provide appropriate tailored solutions. The objective is to provide an individualized experience to resolve the customer's issue in a satisfying manner and avoid having to create a negative impact on other support teams.
About the Role
The Customer Advocate is a customer champion, problem-solver, and excellent DoorDash advocate, who is passionate about helping our customers. You will use appropriate tools, escalation channels, and make empowered decisions that lead to a win-win situation for customers and DoorDash. You will oversee all issues, make decisions based on campaigns, and follow up on every issue. Using your de-escalation and problem-solving skills, you will help the future of the Support Operations Customer Service Model. You will partner with the Experience and Support Operations Teams in an involve, inform and consult approach that provides updates as to customer concerns, feedback, and ideas as to current and potential product opportunities.
This Customer Advocate position will report to the Supervisor on the Marketplace, Live Operations team.
NOTE: This role is located in Tempe, AZ and will require the ability to flex to off hour shifts such as mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create a delightful, consultative, customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations while understanding their needs and providing them the appropriate DoorDash solution
- Deal with change by conducting pilot programs designed to improve the customer experience
- Work with partners to be the voice of the customer for our products, services and processes that DoorDash provides
- Participate in new strategies and programs to help increase customer retention
- Be empowered to make decisions to make the customer's situation better
- You enjoy problem-solving, and the opportunity to think outside of the box
We're excited about you because…
- You're enthusiastic about our customers and always wanting to help them succeed
- You excel in changing work environment
- You have experience with de-escalating customers and turning detractors into life long promoters
- Your customers love you and always have great things to say about you
- You have 2+ years of call center experience or account management experience
- You are solution minded
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.koqa