About the Team
The Analytics & Data Science team is looking for an individual to lead our Performance Marketing Analytics & Data Science. This role is critical for DoorDash to continue driving superior marketing performance and will be a key driver of DoorDash’s growth in the United States, Canada, and Australia. This individual will lead a team that works cross functionally with Marketing, Strategy & Operations, Product Management, Analytics, and senior leadership team to drive our business forward.
About the Role
As the leader of our Marketing Analytics & Data Science team, you’ll use your quantitative background to lead & mentor other data scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including customer acquisition, customer activation & retention, as well as media mix modeling, marketing attribution and experimentation. If you enjoy building teams to test & learn to optimize marketing performance and customer LTV, we’re looking for someone like you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team that creates quantitative analysis to provide insights that help marketing business and product leaders understand marketing performance, customer quality & user behaviors
- Define strategies and tactics to improve both the marketing effectiveness and efficiency of media performance
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Create company projects by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Work with our Product & Operations teams to automate our marketing efforts
- Present in key meetings and business reviews to our executive team and founders
- Build a world class team that includes hiring new leaders, as well as mentoring junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain (Ph.D., Master’s or advanced degree preferred)
- You hold 10+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- You have experience working with media mix modeling, marketing measurement & attribution, targeting & creative optimization, online purchase funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc.
- You bring expertise of SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- You are proficient in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- You are able to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- You are able to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
- You have prior experience of dynamic marketplaces, logistics or economics
- You have experience in strategy consulting, analytics or research provider with client facing professional experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.