About the Team
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
Working side by side with other product managers, engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy for the data platform. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- Define requirements across product, analytics, engineering, and native apps to craft a suite of data tools and projects—including our internal event logging system, data processing engines, experimentation framework, and data visualization and dashboard tools.
- Use domain knowledge to identify opportunities through both tactical projects and long term strategic vision.
- Build empathy between internal business teams and engineering teams through clear expectations and shared understanding.
- Set ambitious goals for quality, reliability, and impact of the data ecosystem. Gather and combine feedback from internal metrics and user studies to continuously improve.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of industry experience / 3+ years of experience in product management in the data platform space.
- You have experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment.
- You are skilled analytically and have a strong understanding of SQL.
- You are familiar with big data technologies and the data vendor ecosystem (databases, streaming, machine learning)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; you know how to work with individual contributors and senior leaders.
- You have empathy for the users you build for.
- You are passionate about DoorDash and the problem we are solving.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.