About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability, and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and work cross-functionally to design and launch pilots. In this role you’ll have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company.
About the Role
In this role you will be partnering with key stakeholders across DoorDash to ensure we are efficiently allocating our capital and consistently improving the experience for all of our audiences. The right candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills to influence data-driven business decisions.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop new processes and investment decision making frameworks
- Drive strategic decision making in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Work to optimize our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Identify and quantify key risks & opportunities in our business
- Support special projects to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is constantly evolving
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels within an organization
- Proven success managing budgets for major functional areas within an organization
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills. Able to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn). Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and meaningfully improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Experience with logistics or consumer business a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Include the following this is standard language in all job posts
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.