Please note that due to current circumstances, we've shifted our recruiting process to be via phone and Zoom
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe!
About the Role
As the Business Development Manager - New Verticals, you'll lead our strategy, relationships, and execution across products with our largest partners.
The DoorDash Australia Enterprise team is responsible for the strategic vision, acquisition, and development of our relationships with the company’s largest partners in Australia. This is a critical piece of DoorDash’s growth and success in every market in which we operate.
You’ll manage the strategy and partnerships across Australia for our New Verticals business and help us explore net new business opportunities to bolster DoorDash’s leadership position as a delivery service provider.
You're a highly effective business development professional, capable of engaging in business level and P&L focused conversations with C-level executives at publicly traded companies. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys diving into financial models and mapping out P&L implications of potential deal structures. You can lead a complex, multi-party sales process in a highly consultative manner.
Finally, you enjoy building stuff; you like to experiment with new things to further develop our internal processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
What you'll do…
- Manage the strategy and execution for engaging our largest partners
- Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new product offerings.
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Develop pitch and positioning for new products or partner segments
- Manage pipelines of target partners
- Nurture and grow existing partnerships
- Model and defend P&L implications for various deal structures for the partner
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Mid level business development experience, preferably a mix of startup and larger enterprise experience
- Experience with C-level partnership negotiations
- An ability to lead analysis-driven negotiation processes
- Proven closing skills
- Familiarity with the food delivery, 3rd party marketplace, or logistics industries
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort with basic modelling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 4000 cities across the US, Canada and Australia.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.