The Data Engineering team builds database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By implementing dashboards, structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash is looking for a Data Engineer to be a technical powerhouse when scaling data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting forecasts. This person will guide the greater team of analysts, data scientists, and DoorDash partners toward important structured insights.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work alongside world-class data science and machine learning teams
- Take ownership end-to-end, from defining the data architecture to implementing data models, pipelines, monitoring and quality assurance frameworks
- Unify data from multiple data sources using SQL, Python, and other languages to unlock business insights
- Manage a portfolio of pipelines and data marts that empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Document new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
- Ensure that processed data meets our high quality standards
- Continuously improve and optimize our jobs to hit performance targets
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Have prior experience working with marketing and/or consumer-driven applications of data such as web & mobile event processing, consumer profiling, attribution modeling, or marketing automation.
- 5+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role
- Expert in SQL and optimizing complex queries
- Proficient in programming in Python
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Experience with data generated by proprietary software systems and industry SaaS solutions (SFDC and Segment a plus)
- Exposure to and/or development experience with open source frameworks such as Apache PySpark, Druid, message queue and streaming technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with business and data science teams to assess their data needs
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.