The Data Engineering team builds database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By implementing dashboards, structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash is looking for a Data Engineer to be a technical powerhouse when scaling data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting forecasts. This person will guide the greater team of analysts, data scientists, and DoorDash partners toward important structured insights.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work alongside world-class data science and machine learning teams
- Take ownership end-to-end, from defining the data architecture to implementing data models, pipelines, monitoring and quality assurance frameworks
- Unify data from multiple data sources using SQL, Python, and other languages to unlock business insights
- Manage a portfolio of pipelines and data marts that empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Document new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
- Ensure that processed data meets our high quality standards
- Continuously improve and optimize our jobs to hit performance targets
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Have prior experience working with marketing and/or consumer-driven applications of data such as web & mobile event processing, consumer profiling, attribution modeling, or marketing automation.
- 5+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role
- Expert in SQL and optimizing complex queries
- Proficient in programming in Python
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Experience with data generated by proprietary software systems and industry SaaS solutions (SFDC and Segment a plus)
- Exposure to and/or development experience with open source frameworks such as Apache PySpark, Druid, message queue and streaming technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with business and data science teams to assess their data needs
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.