The Data Engineering team builds database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By implementing dashboards, structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash is looking for a Data Engineer to be a technical powerhouse when scaling data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting forecasts. This person will guide the greater team of analysts, data scientists, and DoorDash partners toward important structured insights.
What You'll Do
- Lead data warehouse requirements gathering, design, analysis, and infrastructure maintenance to best support rapidly evolving products and challenges
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Manage a portfolio of tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Fix technical issues across all DE tools and maintaining documentation
- Continuously improve ETL jobs to hit performance targets
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- An ability to code complex SQL queries. Python a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL) and big data structures
- Experience using and building solutions to support multiple reporting and data user tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker)
- Advanced data visualization and SQL skills
- Experience implementing enterprise dashboarding tools a big plus
- Experience with data generated by proprietary software systems and industrial solutions (SFDC and Segment a plus)
- Experience with Git, Airflow, and Snowflake a plus
- Hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example with experience working with teams to assess their data needs
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.