DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for talented engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team and help us develop a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, we’re building the on-demand logistics platform of the future. As an engineer on the Dispatch team, you will work on the core decision-making brain at the heart of our logistics engine, routing hundreds of thousands of drivers in real-time everyday to efficiently fulfill millions of deliveries. You will combine software engineering, algorithms, optimization, machine learning, and analytical skills to tackle NP-hard problems, working cross-functionally to realize immense impact to our consumers, dashers, merchants, and business.
What You’ll Do
- Develop sophisticated algorithms - craft intelligent software that operates in the real world, in real-time, and under uncertainty
- Build scalable systems - scale our systems to handle hockey-stick growth, setting the foundation for future algorithmic innovation
- Increase experimentation velocity - build our next-generation simulation and experimentation technologies, democratizing our algorithms to amplify the work of others
- Create massive impact - directly bring convenience to consumers, flexible earnings opportunities to dashers, and growth opportunities to local merchants
- You move quickly and learn voraciously - you have a bias to action, shipping code often and learning from each and every experiment
- You go to the lowest level of detail - you ask “why” until you can’t anymore, moving up and down different abstraction layers seamlessly
- You are a craftsperson - you take pride in your work, balancing urgency with craftspersonship to create elegant solutions that stand the test of time
- You are a leader - you show optimism in tackling bold goals, inspire others to bring their best selves to work, and collaborate with large teams to create big impact
- 8+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 5+ years developing production algorithms, optimizations, and/or machine learning models
- Strong proficiency with backend development, modern service oriented architecture technology, SQL and NoSQL datastores
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience with complex SQL queries
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.