About the Team
Exciting time to join our ambitious and growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Senior Associate of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting to help shape DoorDash’s reporting infrastructure and processes while keeping pace within the fast and quickly evolving online marketplace company.
About the Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated, technical oriented and CPA, this is the role for you. Strong knowledge of US GAAP, disclosure requirements, and as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work cross-functionally with GL team, Revenue team, Finance, Legal, AR, AP, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Assist the preparation, coordination, and review of disclosures and workings associated with quarterly Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings. These include Forms 10-Q and 10-K but may include others. Ensure all of those filings comply with SEC and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) requirements, including XBRL tagging.
- Research relevant accounting literature and provide technical memos and guidance to ensure that DoorDash is accounting for any changes following U.S. GAAP guidelines.
- Prepare quarterly reporting package, incl. cash flow, equity rollforward, FS analytics
- Assist with multiple other projects, including those related to SOX such as the implementation of control flowcharts, or other new system implementations that impact SOX or SEC reporting.
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as assigned
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years total experience in public accounting (ideal candidate will have Big 4 and corporate experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, CPA Required
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - able to handle diverse workload and multiple deadlines well, humble and scrappy!
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing work environments.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.