Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our Data Scientists have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data to improve Dasher assignment, ETA prediction, and Dasher capacity planning.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will lead a team that will work alongside our Data Scientists and Product Engineers to collaborate on various ideas and ensure that there is a highly reliable, world class platform to run their ML models on.
- You will lead the team to help implement and operate an intuitive, easy to use and pluggable ML Workflow framework.
- You will help build high performance and flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies, techniques and modeling approaches
- Inspire your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession in the area of Big Data/ML/AI.
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers focused on ML/AI.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 3 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Prior experience building machine learning systems in production such as enabling data analytics at scale
- Prior experience in machine learning - you've developed and deployed your own models - even if these are simple proof of concepts
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Familiarity With The Following Technologies
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jupyter and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.