Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash's three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We're looking for Android engineers who want to work on an app used by millions of people. We've seen significant growth, in our codebase and number of developers, and we'd love for you to bring a piece of your culture and experience into ours so that we can continue to improve our processes and architecture. Whether you're an engineer interested in scaling our Android infrastructure or building awesome product features, we'd love to talk to you!
What You'll Do
- Develop the architecture of our Android applications
- Scale our test infrastructure and automate releases
- Introduce tools and best practices that accelerate our development process
- Build awesome product features to improve our marketplace
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years developing with Android SDK in a production environment
- Systems and OOP knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Android testing frameworks and best practices for testing
- High bar for code quality
Nice To Haves
- Experience working full-stack
- Contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with Kotlin
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.l