About the Team
The Business Intelligence (BI) team builds and maintains database solutions used for daily/weekly/monthly reporting. By designing dashboards, reporting structures, and data warehouse architecture, the BI team serves as the foundation for DoorDash’s decision-making.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Business Intelligence Lead to act both as technical expert when scaling data infrastructure, and as an exceptional people manager. The Business Intelligence lead will guide the greater BI team, analysts, data scientists, and DoorDash partners toward vital structured data and insights.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Offer expertise across data warehouse design and infrastructure maintenance that best supports a rapidly evolving set of products in partnership with our amazing data infrastructure engineering team
- Collect, process, and clean data from different sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Work with cross-functional teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Provide technical mentorship and team management, engaging in recruitment processes across BI
- Own and manage a portfolio of internal and external tools which empower analysts and data scientists across the company
- Continuously optimize ETL jobs to hit performance targets
- Build data governance with scalable processes, useful data definitions, and effective project planning
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- An ability to code complex SQL queries. Python a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.) as well as big data structures
- Experience using and building solutions to support various reporting and data user tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience implementing enterprise dashboarding tools a big plus
- Experience with data generated by proprietary software systems as well as industrial solutions (SFDC and Segment a plus)
- Experience with Git, Airflow, and Snowflake a plus
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with teams to assess their data needs
- A can-do attitude. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves as a hands-on leader and help the team internalize best practices by example
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.