Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us further our 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
The Data Infrastructure team manages DoorDash's massive database and makes data accessible for teams driving decision making, machine learning, and experimentation. The team is relatively small, so there's an opportunity for impact where you can help grow the team and shape the roadmap for data infrastructure at DoorDash.
What You’ll Do
- Work on our data pipeline, ETL systems, and real-time data
- Come up with solutions for scaling data infrastructure
- Help all departments of the company have access to our data
- Collaborate in a dynamic startup environment
- Improve logistics by taking on cutting-edge, technical problems
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages like Java and Python
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL) and data infrastructure
- Experience in big data technology like Presto, Snowflake, Hadoop, Airflow, Kafka
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Experience improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of system resources
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.l