Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems, where all our products plugin, to building out beautiful and intuitive user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
What You’ll Achieve
- Work on our data pipeline, ETL systems, and real-time data
- Come up with solutions for scaling data infrastructure
- Help all functions of the company have access to our data
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic startup environment
- Completely disrupt logistics by taking on bleeding-edge, technical problems
- High-energy and courageous - you’ll do what it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our dynamic startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Especially strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL) and data infrastructure
- Experience in big data technology like Redshift, Hive, or Hdfs and data streaming like Kinesis, Kafka, Storm, or Spark
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
Nice To Haves
- Has built and launched data infrastructure before
- Familiarity with profiling and optimizing system resources
- Experience with implementing solutions for systems monitoring, live deployments and continuous integration
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Contributor to open source projects
****We are hiring at multiple levels and you will be evaluated at the level of your experience
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.