Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us further our global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. Our software engineers work on everything - from building backend systems and beautiful, thoughtful user interfaces to scaling products that automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
Core Infrastructure builds and operates reliable, scalable, and repeatable infrastructure for DoorDash developers to ship great products quickly and reliably. The traffic team builds and operates infrastructure to support ingress, egress, service discovery, load balancing, routing, and more.
What You'll Do
- Design scalable & reliable world class traffic infrastructure
- Lead projects and drive them with a sense of urgency (Bias towards action)
- Contribute to the entire software and infrastructure lifecycle - designing, coding configuring, automating, debugging and monitoring
- Proactively identify potential outages and build systems to triage and fix
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to enable business growth
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 5 years experience building and managing software based traffic infrastructure at scale
- Experience with service discovery, load balancing, routing, reverse proxies, service meshes, DNS, CDN, and beyond
- Obsession for network optimization and efficiency
- Love for systems and infrastructure software, and proficient in both engineering competencies
Nice to Haves
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- AWS Network Infrastructure (VPC, ALB, security groups, route tables, global accelerator...)
- Istio/Envoy/Linkerd/Consul Service Mesh and the Service Mesh Interface
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.