About the Team & Role
It's an exciting time to join our ambitious and growing Payroll team with ample development opportunities. This position will be responsible for the preparation and processing of the US and international payrolls. This position will also review and approve monthly international payrolls, work closely with company employees, and work with the Human Resources, Legal and Stock Administration departments to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with statutory regulations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Supervise the semi-monthly US in ADP and International payroll processes, including master file and pay data additions and changes.
- Implement and manage processes to effectively track payroll activities such as review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, and terms.
- Manage PTO reporting to support PTO accrual for month end close.
- Generate reports for finance, human resources and third party vendors.
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Document payroll process and manage internal controls in compliance with the Company's Sarbane's Oxley initiative.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax filings are met; ensure all local statutory payroll and fringe benefit reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure stock activity for US and international employees is properly processed and reported.
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international if needed.
- Responsible for processing the payroll related journal entries; the analysis and reconciliation of payroll liability accounts; and supporting month end close activities.
- Responsible for payroll policies & procedures.
- Serves as a strong partner with Human Resources, to ensure that all processing of payroll data is completed accurately and on a timely basis. Makes recommendations for improvements, and maintains a current cross-departmental payroll calendar
- Lead significant systems and process changes in the payroll function. Support the HR team in implementation of an HRIS system, including integration to US and international payroll systems. Build global payroll provider network and processes.
We’re excited about you because…
- Experience leading a global payroll function with a fast growing company with over 600 employees.
- Unwavering integrity.
- Publicly traded company experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 + years of payroll experience.
- Excellent understanding of payroll systems, data workflows and root cause analysis.
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional customer service.
- Advanced level experience with ADP, global payroll and Microsoft Excel.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.