About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our Australian business from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up company and building something great from the ground up! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe today!
About the Role
As a member on our merchant team, you'll build our strategic advantage: supporting and growing the best merchants in each city. You'll drive incremental revenue, introducing new products and features, and being the all-in-one solutions provider to our most valued partners.
What you'll do...
- Business Develop – Own merchant relationships with our essential accounts across your region while addressing merchant concerns
- Strategise – Determine the needs and wants of merchants to co-create solutions
- Implement – Guide new DoorDash merchant programs and provide feedback to our Merchant Ops team to learn from failure
- Experiment – Use data and sound business judgement to test and build the processes needed to retain and grow our most important merchants, driving them towards operational efficiency and excellence
- Be Impactful – Work with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash’s services. This influences the product roadmap, making us better each day
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Experience in business development / account management / sales or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Thoughtful, merchant first thinker who can create data-driven recommendations; Knowledge of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) / Google Sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) preferred
- An ability to or understand of, how to manage a book of business
- Expert interpersonal skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 4000 cities across the US, Canada and Australia.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.