At DoorDash, we’re building the most reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers! To evolve this network and the experiences built on top of it, we're bringing on experienced experimentation engineers to enable us to ship and measure new features with confidence and clarity.
The Experimentation Platform team builds infrastructure, libraries, automation, and processes to support world class experimentation and analysis. We are increasing our trust in our product data by enforcing a schema and reporting on the health of our pipeline. Future projects include: generalized tracking libraries across our tech stack, developing the next generation of our experimentation framework, building tools to manage our experiment ecosystem, and enabling experiments to target specific cohorts of users.
What You’ll Do
- Evolve DoorDash towards automated feature management - Push forward our tooling and systems towards a North Star of automating new feature release and analysis
- Build and integrate tools - Accelerate the launch and analysis of new features with tooling that makes experimentation easy to implement and understand
- Own your work - You’ll be a founding member of the experimentation team and responsible for helping to form the experimentation platform roadmap.
- Govern data - Build and support tooling to ensure the accuracy of our product data
- Influence the organization - You’ll partner with engineers throughout the organization to help configure and plan successful experiments and tracking plans
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale applications
- Understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Knowledge of CS fundamental concepts
- A passion for analyzing data to inform decisions
- Growth-mindset and eagerness to expand your skill set
- Adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback – we’re all human
Nice To Have
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience scaling experimentation systems
- Experience developing and socializing libraries in large organizations
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or related field
- Android or iOS experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.