About the Team
The Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist to help advance our marketing measurement strategy across all of our online and offline marketing channels, for each of our audiences: Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. You will be responsible for helping to optimize multi-million dollar monthly marketing budgets to meet ROI goals.
About the Role
This role presents a massive technical, modeling, and cross-functional partnership challenge with significant opportunity for business impact. As someone who can bridge data analytics with business decision making, and who has a deep understanding of how online and offline media is bought, analyzed, and optimized, you have the opportunity to define the next generation attribution model guiding the investment of $100s of millions in marketing spend.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets, the ability to view marketing problems and data from a finance, behavioral, and optimization perspective, and possesses excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Leverage data to identify areas of growth through Top of Funnel expansion, Mid-funnel conversion, Optimal Channel Spend and Optimal Touchpoint Strategy for customers and prospects
- Marketing Mix Modeling: Utilize statistical or machine learning techniques to assess channel efficiency and recommend optimal marketing spend by channel and by product
- Multi-touch Attribution: Collaborate with Marketing, Product and Engineering to onboard marketing technology platforms and utilize these platforms to analyze customer’s digital journeys and path to conversion. Analyze path to conversion and identify fractional attribution of each touchpoint in the customer's journey.
- Touchpoint Strategy: Support Marketing in determining the cadence and sequence of customer touchpoints across channels
- Report Creation and Maintenance: Create, modify, and assemble reports to satisfy evolving data requirements, primarily focused on measuring Marketing campaigns.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years in data science or software role in a high-performance, fast-paced industry (ideally consumer internet or online advertising)
- You have prior experience with marketing mix modeling and multi-touch attribution using in-house models or vendor platforms
- You have strong understanding of statistical methods and technical implementation
- You have experience with SQL is required. Knowledge of R/Python to manipulate large datasets is preferred
- You have the ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams to deliver large projects
- You have the ability to work across engineering and business teams in a fast-paced environment
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.