Trust and confidence is fundamental to the DoorDash marketplace, and the Fraud team ensures that trust and safety of all customers. The team takes pride in being quick to resolve the latest fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios and prevent them before they occur, build long-term system and product features and create sustainable machine learning models and rules. The challenge and opportunity is to ensure a secure experience through the DoorDash app for consumers, drivers and merchants.
We’re looking for a product manager to join a fast-paced and transformational company to manage several fraud initiatives. You will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial risk. You will also develop a long-term vision that will establish DoorDash, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services.
We're looking for someone who possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional partners that includes engineers, analysts, and operations. They will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. You will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. You are an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
What You'll Do
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, essential fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected return on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 3 or more years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles
- Focus and thoughtfulness on data and analytics to solve problems and experience achieving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize independently
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
Why you’ll love working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.