At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success. The User Experience Research team plays an important role by discovering insights that help us to build delight products that address the needs of our three unique audiences - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers.
The User Experience Research Team is looking for an experienced Lead or Principal level UX Researcher to lead the New Verticals team where your insights will determine the strategy behind 0-to-1 projects to offer and deliver goods in new categories like groceries, convenience, essentials, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more. This team functions like a startup within a startup and is still at an early stage, which means you'll get to shape the research culture and process from the ground up and get to guide big and bold new bets.
You will be comfortable building both high-level strategy and tactical execution; you can also effortlessly switch between the two as needed. You will have experience using insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with your product stakeholders. This role will report to the Head of UX Research.
What you'll do
- Partner with product and designer leaders and other stakeholders to understand research needs to scope and prioritize create a research roadmap
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Produce insights that shape how product teams think, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Build a trusted partnership with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Partner with marketing and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and surface opportunities to senior product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Improve existing systems, processes and programs that increase the research team efficacy
- Be a research thought leader and advocate for our customers
What we are looking for
- 6+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years of experience driving research and product roadmaps and setting the direction for the team to execute
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with a wide variety of qualitative research methods is a must
- Ability to define important research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, complete studies, and summarize findings
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with experience with successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problem in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience in scaling research practices across an organization that enables others to conduct their own research
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred, but not required
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what's the latest with DoorDash:
DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.