At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we deeply believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success. The User Experience Research team plays a pivotal role by discovering high-impact insights that enable us to build delight products that address the needs of our three unique audiences - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers.
The User Experience Research Team is seeking an experienced Lead or Principal level UX Researcher to lead the New Verticals team where your insights will define the strategy behind 0-to-1 initiatives to offer and deliver goods in new categories like groceries, convenience, essentials, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more. This team functions like a startup within a startup and is still at an early stage, which means you’ll get to shape the research culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and bold new bets.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable owning both high level strategy and tactical execution; you can also effortlessly switch between the two as needed. You will have a track record of leveraging insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with your product stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product and designer leaders and other stakeholders to understand research needs to scope and prioritize create a research roadmap
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Build a trusted partnership with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Partner closely with marketing and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and surface opportunities to senior product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Improve existing systems, processes and programs that optimize the research team efficacy
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for our customers
What we are looking for
- 6+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years of experience of driving research and product roadmaps and setting the direction for the team to execute
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with a wide variety of qualitative research methods is a must
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problem in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience in scaling research practices across an organization that enables others to conduct their own research
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred, but not required
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash’s mission is to disrupt the future of delivery logistics. We operate in a unique three-sided marketplace: balancing the needs of Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. We are proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US, and are quickly expanding our services beyond food delivery, and also tapping into multiple international markets.
Learn more about our company and our culture on the DoorDash Design blog.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.