DonorsChoose engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells our story.
To date, teachers at 83% of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 4 million “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 40 million students nationwide. In all, we’ve generated $1 billion for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work, while Fast Company named DonorsChoose one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World—the first time a charity has made this list. Through its dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose earned recognition as the #1 "Best Nonprofit to Work For" by the Nonprofit Times.
The Fulfillment Operations & Strategy team is responsible for ensuring the resources and experiences teachers request on their projects are purchased and delivered. Our team manages and improves the purchasing operations and systems that ensure the right product or experience arrives at the right place and time. We strive for the same excellence to deliver a box of crayons for an art class as we do to purchase tickets for the planetarium. Along with our colleagues on Finance & Fulfillment, we help to keep our promise to deliver both materials and financial transparency to teachers and donors.
If you are motivated by how we support teachers and are excited to join a team that works hard everyday to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
The Fulfillment Systems Operations Associate is directly responsible for helping to support the systems that power our purchasing operations to deliver more than $150M in student resources and experiences annually. In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure efficient system operations to purchase and pay for materials and experiences
- Support e-procurement system relationships, including Ariba & EqualLevel
- Support technical projects to improve fulfillment operations, including project management and cross collaborating with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve our tools and processes in purchasing operations and fulfillment support
- Maintain and develop processes to support fulfillment operations
- Support any system operations related purchasing processes, including audits, reporting, and troubleshooting as needed
- Maintain team dashboards and reports to identify performance trends in our key performance indicators (KPIs) and micro metrics
- Support key stakeholders across the org with fulfillment data research and inquiries
- Support both automated and manual aspects of purchasing operations
- Support and approve vendor payments and reconcile invoices via electronic and manual processes
- Purchase materials and track deliveries for teacher customers
- Actively contribute to maintaining our team culture, which includes a positive and constructive work environment.
Our ideal candidate has one year of comparable experience, specifically in purchasing, accounts payable, or customer service.
This position might be a fit for you if you’re...
- Experienced with an e-procurement or accounts payable technology (including: Ariba, Coupa, EqualLevel or other comparable technology)
- A skilled project manager, with comfort managing and completing tasks.
- An exceptional communicator, collaborator, and problem-solver; you’re often praised for your organization and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with Excel, including the use of basic and intermediate formulas (e.g. sum, average, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- A do-er; you like to check items off of your to-do list and are ready to help others when they need it without being directed to do so.
- Curious, creative, and open to sharing and learning from mistakes.
- Flexible when needs change and can take a moment to enjoy when good things are happening.
- Comfortable working in an online environment and enjoy learning new programs.
Education: A bachelor’s degree or certificate in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or comparable field OR Project Management certification OR 2+ years experience in operational e-procurement, vendor management, or system administration is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this role is competitive with equivalent roles at other nonprofits of our size. In addition, we offer full-time staff 25 paid vacation days per year and 10 paid holidays, a rich employer-paid individual and family health plan, annual professional development stipend, and casual and flexible work environment. To learn more about what it is like to work for DonorsChoose, visit our careers page
Apply online with a resume and cover letter addressed to Dot Doran, Fulfillment System Operations Manager. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.