DonorsChoose.org engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells the organization's story.
Since its launch in 2000, more than 4.1 million "citizen philanthropists" have donated to classroom projects on DonorsChoose.org, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 38 million students in public schools, overwhelmingly from low-income households. Along the way, the organization helped to pioneer the field of crowdfunding and is now making an impact beyond school supplies.
Through its dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose.org earned recognition as the #1 "Best Nonprofit to Work For" by the Nonprofit Times.
About the Team
Our Partnerships Team will raise more than $66M for public school classrooms through creative, collaborative partnerships with our corporate and foundation partners this school year. The Partnership Activations Team supports these partnerships by ensuring a seamless experience for our internal and external stakeholders by bringing the standard elements (such as technical launch and reporting) of each partnership to life, building systems that scale and improve on our partner offerings, and advocating for partner needs.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll work with the Partnerships teams to understand the partner business goals, gather the deliverables for each partnership and take the appropriate steps to bring the partnership to life.
You’ll play a key role in shaping how we work with companies from Google and Chevron to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, with a focus on:
Improving our partnership deliverables and systems for bringing them to life
- Develop, manage and maintain efficient processes and tools to equip the team to deliver for partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to scale our work, such as identifying manual steps in our match offer launch process that can be eliminated and replaced with automation
Technical project management
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the partnerships products and data architecture
- Triage and troubleshoot bugs related to the partnerships products, test, and communicate with stakeholders regarding workarounds and expectations
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering, Data and Salesforce team members to advocate for needed improvements, work to implement changes through successful project management
Partnership research, data and insights projects
- Develop and maintain an understanding of surveying techniques and methodology
- Design and support on the implementation of research projects that meet partnership goals. Examples include: assessing the barriers teachers face when exploring a new subject; or collecting feedback on a classroom curriculum.
- Develop templatized products and systems and maintain a scaled model for offering surveys and analysis of teacher perspectives in order to deliver on partnership research and insights commitments.
- Make insight-driven recommendations to support the needs of our partners and make their offerings to our community as compelling as possible
This position might be for you if:
- You're thorough, detail-oriented and relentless when it comes to building and following a process.
- You not only love to follow systems but you like to improve them. You’ve spent a few years in your career thinking about process improvements and executing on them.
- You are user-focused and you constantly think about how to improve the experience for internal and external stakeholders.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, and you quickly pick-up new tools. You count yourself as advanced in Excel. A bonus if you have basic HTML and/or SQL skills.
- Your project management and problem solving skills are top-notch. You enjoy unpacking a complex problem, and creating a plan with a clear way to measure results. You showcase this by demonstrating full ownership of the planning, execution and debriefing stages of a project with minimal guidance.
- You love analyzing data and picking out trends. You often cite data when you're telling stories. You use data to make smart decisions and you know when to question the methodology of retrieving data to prove validity.
- You know how to roll with the punches. In fact, you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment. You take on challenges with a smile.
- You have 5+ years of work experience related to process improvements and cross team collaborations.
Compensation and Benefits
DonorsChoose.org offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401k plan (up to 5% of base salary); and annual professional development stipend, and 5 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays.
Please submit your application online, addressing your cover letter to Alisa Catellier, VP, Partnership Activation.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose.org team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose.org focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.