DonorsChoose.org engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells the organization's story.
Since its launch in 2000, more than 4.1 million "citizen philanthropists" have donated to classroom projects on DonorsChoose.org, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 38 million students in public schools, overwhelmingly from low-income households. Along the way, the organization helped to pioneer the field of crowdfunding and is now making an impact beyond school supplies.
Through its dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose.org earned recognition as the #1 "Best Nonprofit to Work For" by the Nonprofit Times.
About the Team
Our Partnerships Team will raise more than $66M for public school classrooms through creative, collaborative partnerships with our corporate and foundation partners this school year. The Partnership Activations Team supports these partnerships by ensuring a seamless experience for our internal and external stakeholders by bringing the standard elements (such as technical launch and reporting) of each partnership to life, building systems that scale and improve on our partner offerings, and advocating for partner needs.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll work with the Partnerships teams to understand the partner business goals, gather the deliverables for each partnership and take the appropriate steps to bring the partnership to life.
Activate our partnerships:
- Activate our partnerships by working to set-up, test, and launch our standard products to meet partner goals (i.e. match offers, promo codes, gift cards and project funding initiatives)
- Take the operational steps that will meet partnership commitments that may fall outside of our typical standard products (i.e. special thank you compilation, special sponsorship benefit execution)
- Support the Partnerships team with troubleshooting any challenges that surround our standard products deliverables for partners
Scale the implementation methods of partnership activation and continue to deliver the best experience to internal and external stakeholders:
- Improve our standard processes that will reduce manual work, improve the product and provide a great user-experience
- Outline Standard Work Instructions for the steps required to implement our products. Manage and update documentation as we continue to revise our processes
- Consult with your teammates on how we can leverage our current tools and find new tools to automate and create systems to streamline our workflows
Advocate for partners by working with internal stakeholders to share feedback and outline partnerships:
- Create internal communication tools to clearly transition the details for partnership activation
- Develop and manage processes for communications across teams to show full details of a partnership or campaigns
- Manage special projects that support the goals of the Partnerships teams.
This position might be for you if:
- You're thorough, detail-oriented and relentless when it comes to following a process.
- You love people and you constantly think about how to improve their experience with your interactions.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, and you quickly pick-up new tools.
- Your project management skills are top-notch. You enjoy unpacking a complex problem, and creating a plan with a clear way to measure results.
- You love analyzing data and picking out trends. You often cite data when you're telling stories.
- You love to think of ways to make a process easier and user friendly.
- Disorganization inspires you to organize and streamline.
- You know how to roll with the punches. In fact, you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment. You take on challenges with a smile.
Compensation and Benefits
DonorsChoose.org offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401k plan (up to 5% of base salary); and annual professional development stipend, and 5 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays.
Please submit your application online, addressing your cover letter to Dorthea Damaskos, Manager, Partnership Activation
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose.org team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose.org focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.