DonorsChoose engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells the organization's story.
Since its launch in 2000, more than 3.9 million individuals have donated to classroom projects on DonorsChoose, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 35 million students in public schools, overwhelmingly from low-income households. Along the way, the organization helped to pioneer the field of crowdfunding and is now making an impact beyond school supplies.
Through its dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose earned recognition as the #1 "Best Nonprofit to Work For" by the Nonprofit Times.
Marketing & Community Team Overview
This role will sit on the Marketing & Community Team. Our goal this school year is to inspire more than 700,000 individuals to give $83M to the 150,000 teachers who will post classroom projects on our website. To drive this revenue, we inspire individual donors to give, facilitate meaningful, loyalty-building relationships between our users, and empower teachers to utilize DonorsChoose.
DonorsChoose is seeking a Manager of our Donor Relationships team, a sub-team of the Marketing & Community Team. The Donor Relationships team identifies and builds relationships with high value individual donors, thus maintaining and growing their loyalty and giving to DonorsChoose long-term.
As a leader on this team, you’ll be responsible for driving increased and repeat giving from our most active and generous donors on the DonorsChoose site and generating outcomes for our marketplace.
- Oversee team goals, management and strategy; you will directly manage two part-time team members
- Build and maintain relationships with our highest value donors in order to grow their net giving year over year
- Identify new high value prospective donors and introduce them to DonorsChoose
- Represent these donors’ needs and insights internally to stakeholders in order to ensure that they are considered in related decisions and strategy
- Monitor and report on success metrics to ensure our most committed donors are contributing a growing percentage of marketplace revenue
This position is right for you if you are:
- A relationship-builder with proven experience. You know the value that building trusting and long-standing relationships can have on a business. You’ve built relationships with key stakeholders in previous roles.
- User-focused. You default to thinking about your customers’ experience from beginning to end through every interaction, project, or initiative, knowing that great customer outcomes are great business outcomes. You get to know each person as an individual and cater to their motivations and needs.
- An effective manager. You guide others to get work done and you have managed cross-team projects and/or direct reports to success.
- A strategic thinker. You think about how your work fits into the larger context of your team’s goals, and can make tough prioritization decisions because you believe in the process and end goal.
- Nimble and independent. You are flexible, adaptable to change, and feel comfortable making decisions on your own when it comes to how to best interact with your customers.
- An advocate. You’re comfortable being the voice of your customers, representing their needs throughout the organization, specifically with our Finance, Product, and Customer Service teams. You make compelling cases by sharing your customers’ stories, backed by data.
Compensation and Benefits
DonorsChoose offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401k plan (up to 5% of your salary); an annual professional development stipend; and 5 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays. To learn more about what it's like to work for DonorsChoose, visit the careers page.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Abby Feuer, SVP of Marketing & Community. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose.org team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose.org focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.