We are Domosapiens - uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
In the Senior Manager, Security Operations role you will plan, direct and control the functions and operations of the Domo Security Operations Center (SOC). You will lead and manage a growing team and to take Domo’s security operations teams to the next level. The mission of Security Operations is to proactively detect, respond to, simulate, and identify adverse events and threat actors. You will build and own solutions to quickly identify adverse events, contain and eradicate threats, streamline our security incident response processes with the business, continuously test our controls, and help the business make informed decisions based on threat intelligence. You will establish metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements of the Security Operations capabilities and execute on your proposed strategy for improvements. You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, designing architecture, managing the team, recruiting excellent analysts and engineers.
- Direct the team, functions, processes, and operations of the SOC
- Lead the development, documentation, and implementation of policies and procedures associated with security monitoring efforts
- Identify and communicate key performance indicators to help stakeholders understand the SOC roles and responsibilities and the effectiveness of the SOC program
- Improve the company’s ability to identify, detect, and response to threats by leading new technology selection, configuration, internal product development, obtaining-buy-in, and implementations with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Establish a set of measurable metrics that reflect the baseline of all security operations functions and drive for improvements
- Build continuous security testing capabilities that feeds into Domo’s vulnerability management program
- Implement and monitor key SOC performance indicators, identify opportunities to improve team performance, and make adjustments to operations processes as necessary
- Oversee the monitoring, identification, escalation, and resolution of security incidents
- Manage outsourced and in-house SOC relationships and services for quality performance and fulfillment of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Manage and grow teams of talented analysts and engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Build a world-class threat intelligence capability that allows Domo to focus on the most relevant threats and those of our customers as well
- Scale the organization to accommodate for hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the security organization
- Prior experience building security operations functions for a product or cloud-native company
- Clear experience building effective partnerships with internal customers to improve on short-term and long-term security operations in the service of the business
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization that is geographically separated
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Able to take risks and move out of comfort zone by allowing teams to design new techniques and approaches that drive meaningful change
- Led adversary simulation against complex infrastructures
- Confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
- BS degree, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in the Cyber Security field
- CISSP Certification or similar preferred
- Experience performing analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Experience performing analysis utilizing IDS/AV/Firewall consoles
- Experience with cloud computing and AWS and/or Azure services
- Strong understanding of networking and associated protocols
- Development skills including scripting (e.g., Python, shell scripting), web coding and/or database backend.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.