We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
The Practice Consultant role at Domo is a critical persona for our Practice Areas, acting as the go-to subject matter expert on client engagements. Each Practice Consultant represents one or many Practice Areas (domains), spanning business, industry, or technology. This role is critical to the Practice Areas’ ability to scale, allowing us to engage directly – and at scale – in high value client engagements.
Working directly with clients, the Practice Consultants act as experts and strategic advisors to the Solutions Consultant and sales organizations on how to better connect with customers, speaking their language in pursuit of an elegant solution that drives maximum value for both the client and Domo. They will be primarily responsible for rapid prototyping of these solutions alongside the Solutions Consultant.
The core intent of the broader Practice Lead team is to help provide additional growth and sales velocity, product and marketing knowledge in Domo’s target domains, and provide elevated thought leadership to internal and external audiences. In order to drive growth, the Revenue organization needs subject matter experts that will align client value around a more comprehensive strategy, thereby increasing deal size and impact for the client. Furthermore, the team as a whole is seen as critical to Domo's ability to execute and gain traction in the market, orchestrating across all major phases of the customer lifecycle. While the Practice Consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time engaging directly with clients, they will also spend a portion of their time working closely with the Practice Leads of both their domain and others, to collaborate on program-wide, cross-functional initiatives.
As the Practice Consultant for Data Science, this Practice Consultant focuses on one of Domo’s primary differentiated capabilities, data science. Given its inherently complex nature, this subject matter expert is expected to understand both technical depth in data science (including and especially machine learning techniques) as well as best practices for messaging and go-to-market. This Practice Consultant is a business-oriented engineer who understands, through first-hand experience, how to apply a myriad of data science techniques to solve a given business problem and translate the value of said approach to the business. Further, the Data Science Practice Consultant must be an expert in framing business problems and machine-learning problems in a proactive manner in order to be guide conversations with customers toward practical, impactful solutions and outcomes. Real-world expertise in the productionization of AI and full end-to-end pipeline & model management is required. Experience with supervised learning, particularly classification and regression/time series solutions, is also required.
- Act as the go-to hands-on subject matter expert for data science as a capability in Domo’s solutions and position in the market;
- Work primarily in collaboration with Sales & Solutions Consulting to define and prototype the most high-value solutions for a given client;
- Engage with Practice Leads, Product Marketing, Product, Sales Enablement, and Customer Success to develop Practice-wide strategy and execution plans;
- Push solution-oriented selling with data science as a focal point, using repeatable & vetted use cases at the core;
- Work in concert with other Practice Areas to shape the interoperability of Domo capabilities when applied to real-world business problems to drive augmented value for our clients;
- Understand (and build/maintain) the competitive landscape for comparable capabilities across other tech vendors, and “Domo’s answer” for a given use case or paradigm;
- In collaboration with the Practice Lead for Data Science, advise SC’s and sales teams on strategic approaches to increase sales traction and resonance for the respective domain. Act as a direct contributor to significant deals. Actively seek opportunities to communicate the wider Domo solution in context of the customers business objectives and industry trends in that domain;
- Contribute to the development and innovation of collateral, thought leadership, architecture, messaging, and demo environment to help show customers the “art of the possible” alongside our current product offering;
- Architect and develop end-to-end, demonstrable solutions including data preparation, machine learning pipelines, best-in-class front end dashboards, all feeding potential customized applications.
- 5+ years’ experience working in enterprise tech or data science. Strong solutions consulting and sales experience is a plus;
- Passion for working with clients on a daily basis to guide them toward the best path to solve their most complex problems using AIML;
- Expert in casting business problems as machine learning problems in numerous ways and in real time in order to approach a given use-case from several different perspectives;
- Strong technical skills, especially building sophisticated models, inference/training pipelines, scripting, and data structures/schemas/architectures;
- Is comfortable speaking to, at depth, the real-world differences/subtleties between various AIML techniques. Has the ability to distill a conversation to “what matters” while being able to go deep where needed;
- Strong technical (and hands on) depth dealing with different model architectures, focusing on classification and regression/time series problems. Experience with Jupyter and Python (and/or R). Familiarity with AIML vendors & libraries, such as AWS Sagemaker, Azure ML, GCP AI, Data Robot AutoML, Tensorflow, etc.;
- Expertise in the full end-to-end model lifecycle, from data prep/cleansing to model training, validation & testing, to deployment/serialization, production inference, monitoring, and iteration;
- Deep familiarity with enterprise technology vendor go-to-market, demand generation, pre-sales, and implementation;
- Strong comfort defining solution architectures, especially with highly flexible technology platforms;
- Experience working in/with analytics, data science, business intelligence, or data platforms to solve business problems;
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic sales environment;
- Entrepreneurial experience and attitude. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong passion for hitting the ground running and enabling change;
- B.S. Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience. Masters degree preferred.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.