We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Domo is seeking a Program Manager with business consulting experience to provide strategic deployment services to our customers. Working as a member of Domo’s Client Services team, a Program Manager takes ownership of the delivery of high-value customer engagements with solid program and project management skills, clear communication, and strong leadership.
A Program Manager is dedicated to our customer's delivery of Domo, employing continual improvements to our methods and strategies, while demonstrating strong technical and stakeholder issues/risk management. They have ownership of day to day portfolio operations, providing ongoing reviews of the quality of customer engagements and project work, and coordinating with peer managers across teams.
As part of the role, a Program Manager will demonstrate advanced ability with project scope, solution architecture, data-driven business acumen, and data architecture (including strong knowledge of ETL). They form a key part of an enthusiastic, fast-paced, and dynamic team at Domo.
This role will be seen as a trusted advisor to our customers and prospects, delivering exceptional client satisfaction through successful consulting engagements. They provide thought leadership to customers, thus ensuring that Domo is able to maximize opportunity potential, exceed its business goals, and build long term strategic relationships.
- Manage, scope, and demonstrate strong consistent operational excellence in the execution of multiple projects with some of our most strategic customers.
- Use effective project management techniques to deliver projects on time and within budget whilst managing risks and issues.
- Own the end to end deployment processes and resources whilst managing relationships with customers.
- Recommend innovative solutions that address customers’ needs and deliver value to their business.
- Take responsibility for leading discovery sessions with C-suite individuals around customer data maturity and strategy while recommending appropriate solutions.
- Work with customers to gather requirements, writing functional and technical specifications, and communicating technical requirements.
- Work with Domo technical consultants and customers’ business users, technical architects, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of the Domo platform at all levels.
- Develop strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to senior customer stakeholders ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Engage with existing customers in shaping direction and technology strategy that enables future Domo sales opportunities.
- Identify opportunities & partner with the Sales and Customer Success Teams on retention and expansion / up-sell opportunities during customer engagements.
- Assist customers with the high-level design and development of platform-based technology solutions (rather than point solutions).
- Work with internal Domo teams as required to develop solutions, tactical responses, and strategic visioning for customers.
- Provide assurance in solution design and delivery to ensure it meets outcomes and customer expectations while minimizing scope creep.
- Manage multiple customers and lead a number of business consulting engagements using strong program management skills to leverage internal and external resources.
- Responsible for working closely with other Domo teams both locally and internationally to aid enhancements to product development.
- Project management certification (e.g. Prince2, PMP, etc) or program management certification (e.g. PgMP).
- Extensive experience of business consulting with Cloud SaaS or premise-based business applications or software platform deployments in large enterprises.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence, analytics, and SaaS marketplace.
- Extensive experience of managing end to end project delivery within agreed scope, budgets, and timelines for a range of projects from the relatively simple to more complex enterprise deployments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership principles.
- Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and project deliverables.
- Proven ability to engage with senior leadership as a trusted advisor before, during and after a project.
- Proven track record of presenting complex development topics to both business and IT users
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, meeting with business owners, and performing current state analysis.
- Experience developing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Experience in recognizing business problems and recommending solutions that deliver value to the customer.
- Proven ability to navigate data and technical conversations.
- Strong knowledge and application of data insights.
- SQL experience and exposure to data architecture.
- Working knowledge of specialized BI tools and solution providers (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Power BI, Cognos etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Self-starter, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency.
- Interested in new technology.
- Enjoys the competition and winning new business.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Additional language skills would be advantageous but not essential (e.g. German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian).
- Degree educated or equivalent.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.