Who we are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The GTM Strategy & Operations team is looking for an experienced Director, Business Intelligence with an established track record of building, scaling, and managing Data Warehousing and Analytics solutions at the enterprise level. As the BI leader, you will be responsible for expanding our BI platform and data infrastructure. You will partner across GTM functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Partnerships) as well as IT, Product, HR, Finance, and other functions to design, develop and enhance a scalable Business Intelligence platform to provide the data intelligence required.
You will manage and build a team of BI Engineers, ETL Engineers, and BI Analysts, partnering closely with analysts in other functions across the company. Reporting to the VP, GTM Strategy and Operations, this role will partner closely with members of the executive team to ensure we have the data and analytics strategy necessary to support the business. This role is key for scaling Domino’s internal analytics capabilities, requiring capable direct and matrixed leadership, as well as sustained hands-on work. If you want to have an outsized impact at a company that is at a massive inflection point, then this is the role for you.
What your impact will be
- Define, architect, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy and roadmap for data and analysis; Establish a common data framework enabling a unified approach to analyzing all company data.
- Expand and enhance the existing customer data warehouse and reporting and analytics capabilities,
- Establishing appropriate data governance, including an ownership model that defines central and functional responsibilities.
- Develop and document data processes in alignment with best practice approaches.
- In collaboration with the Enablement team, provide data analytics training and share best practices with analytics users.
- Manage BI/DW systems and vendor relationships in collaboration with the Heads of GTM Systems and IT.
- Develop and implement a data architecture and approach, ensuring that all key transactional systems communicate with the data warehouse and that the data warehouse meets company reporting needs in an effective and scalable manner.
- Partner with functional and executive leaders, working collaboratively across the company to elicit requirements, define scope, align priorities, and develop an implementation roadmap and timeline to meet business needs; Provide guidance to executives and functional leaders in defining KPIs and business metrics, ensuring accurate analyses of business data, and working with BI Engineers and Data Analysts to provide dashboards for management use.
- Build, lead and train a team to support continuing growth and scale of the BI/DW and analytics function while maintaining hands-on involvement.
- Own initiatives and work-streams to drive improvements in data infrastructure, architecture and processes, and support leaders with analytics for business decisions.
What we look for in this role
- 8+ years of experience in a senior leadership role with a proven record building an analytics function and managing an analytics team, preferably in an Enterprise software/SaaS high-growth startup environment.
- Experience in leading teams and cross-functional workgroups, and in influencing executive stakeholders.
- Experience using both on-premise and cloud based transactional systems, as well as open source and analytics tools
- Deep experience with data warehousing and big data; prior experience building complex BI solutions
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Redshift, Tableau, Python, SQL, relational databases, ETL technologies, data transformation, data visualization, and ad hoc analyses.
- Knowledge of Enterprise software applications including Salesforce, Mulesoft, Hubspot, Anaplan, Netsuite, Jira and GitHub.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills; intellectually curious with proven ability to develop insights and communicate them effectively at all organizational levels.
- Proven experience as an effective business partner across functions, levels, and geographies, developing trusted collaborative relationships and driving successful business outcomes.
- Project management skills and ability to multitask, with a track record of meeting complex stakeholder needs under tight timelines and resource constraints.
- Advanced degree or equivalent in a quantitative field, e.g. Statistics, Math, Economics, or Computer Science with Modeling/Analytics coursework.
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, commission, and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company defining a quickly growing field
- Reimbursement for essential Work From Home expenses