Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, and Tesla. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
What we are building
Domino is looking for an experienced SEO marketer and enthusiastic team player to build and own an SEO program from the ground up. As a self-motivated individual with a solid understanding of, and experience in, what it takes to rank high in SERPs, this individual will have a direct impact on Domino’s bottom line by being responsible for growing organic traffic and improving site performance, a top priority for our rapidly growing organization.
As Domino Data Lab expands our Enterprise offerings to include a robust self-service trial experience, our main traffic objective is to be a top competitor in the MLOps and Data Science categories. Your metric will be owning organic traffic growth of search terms in our category, working with content creators, external vendors, and developer resources to achieve success, and ensure traffic is directly impacting demand generation goals by driving high quality conversions.
What your impact will be
As a part of Domino’s Growth team working directly under our head of Web Strategy, you’ll own and manage all things SEO: identifying priority keywords and content gaps, building a content calendar, building a process for optimizing new and existing content, identifying problems and proposing solutions for technical website issues hurting ranking factors, championing SEO-first processes across the marketing team, acting as the company-wide internal SEO expert and consult cross-functionally with various departments producing customer content, working with our developer to improve site speed and mobile performance of our sites, managing our SEO vendors/content agency, reporting impact to the marketing team and broader leadership at Domino, and proactively identify both short and long-term projects that ensure Domino is pacing towards our growth goals.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with proven technical SEO experience, a highly collaborative team player, and someone who knows how to create traffic that converts into quality demand.
- Strategy & Program Management
- Shaping strategy of organic traffic growth and presence on SERPs for key terms across our website and blog
- Own the roadmap and prioritization of SEO-focused projects that allow us to meet short-term and long-term goals
- Building processes for SEO-focused content editorial calendar, recommending specific on-page content optimizations, net new content, and topics that will drive external links
- Partner with content creators on execution, on-page optimizations, recommendations/expert consultation on page structure, etc
- Data, Reporting
- Dive into SEO-relevant data to transform data sets into actionable insights and develop tactical next steps to drive organic growth
- Own reporting on SEO success on a monthly/quarterly basis, developing presentations to leadership on our investments and results of strategy
- Owning our link strategy and managing the execution of optimizing links as part of our pillar-cluster model, working with our web development team and PMM team on the process for linking old content + linking new content to a cluster (automate and scale this)
- Own and manage the performance/site speed workstream to improve page load times across our core pages and web properties
- Proactively monitor Google algorithm trends for mobile and performance, adapting your roadmap to get ahead of these updates
- Consultant, internal expert
- Provide strategic guidance and critical thinking for SEO initiatives, serving as a key consultant for multiple groups with different goals and processes (e.g. website redesign)
- Be the company’s internal expert on all things SEO. Partner with content, product, marketing and technical teams across the company to map SEO investments and establish standards to monitor and report on SEO efforts. Develop, socialize and champion an SEO strategy amongst various cross-functional partners
- Support integrated campaigns, act as an internal consultant to provide SEO recommendations for marketers publishing content
What we look for in this role
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in an SEO role for a digital brand or agency
- A comprehensive knowledge of organic search and how SEO activities influence search engine ranking algorithms
- Previous experience managing technical SEO for web properties of over 100k+ monthly visits
- Deep understanding of SEO analytics and methodologies, experience with website analysis (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console) and various other industry standard reporting tools/sites (e.g. Conductor, DeepCrawl, Brightedge, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Moz, Clearscope, SemRush, Adobe Analytics, SEO tools for excel, etc)
- Proven experience managing complex, large-scale, and time-critical technical SEO projects
- Ability to define program metrics and collaborate with web and growth on program reporting
- Proven experience owning and implementing internal linking strategies, i.e. hub-and-spoke model
- A demonstrated history of using data to identifying SEO opportunities, proposing both short-term and long-term projects, acting as the leader in driving solutions that deliver business impact and demonstrate organizational skills
- Deep exposure to conversion rate optimization projects (data analysis, building a hypothesis, designing experiments, etc)
- Understanding of CRO best practices and how SEO influences/drives conversion optimization
- Experience working cross-functionally and project managing stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met and progress is communicated to leadership
- Ability to resolve complex issues through analysis and resolution
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and communicate roadblocks effectively
- Past experience managing external vendor relationships (i.e. Conductor, SEO agencies)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset and high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those that believe improving is always possible. At Domino everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply