Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Finance team at Domino embodies a novel approach to people, processes, and technology. We’ve done away with the “old way” of doing things. Excel is great, but we have built an enterprise-grade financial system stack that gives us the freedom to work that matters most paired with the flexibility to do it best. This team is as innovative as the company we are building.
What your impact will be
The Revenue and GL Accounting Manager role will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on a booming business in a dynamic startup environment through automation and process improvements.
- Manage the end-to-end order to cash process, including ASC 606 revenue recognition, billings, collections, Deal Desk, and deferred commissions
- Drive the monthly accounting close process and assist with financial reporting activities such as flux analyses, intercompany, and consolidation
- Review stock-based award transactions under ASC 718
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations on a timely basis
- Partner with the Controller in the assessment of technical accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP, including research and documentation
- Assist in the adoption of ASC 842
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of internal controls, processes, and policies
- Lead the annual audit with external auditors by preparing and reviewing audit schedules and responding to audit requests
- Assist in ad hoc projects, as needed
What We Look For in This Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent
- CPA (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix between Big 4 public accounting (3+ years required, manager level preferred) and enterprise SaaS company (2+ years required)
- Strong working knowledge of GL accounting, monthly close process, and financial statement audits
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in ASC 606 / ASC 340 (enterprise SaaS business), ASC 718, and ASC 842
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes, ideally in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills; and comfortable partnering with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and respond quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, and ability to see the bigger picture
- Self-motivated individual, naturally curious, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Eager to learn and passion for system/process improvements
- Sage Intacct experience is a plus
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset and high-performing, creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success.
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value those that believe improving is always possible. At Domino everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply