Who We Are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
Our platform is deployed across the full spectrum of scenarios from on-premise to cloud. Our clients rely on it for mission critical workloads. We use cutting edge technologies to ensure that each deployment is reliable, performant and cost effective, while allowing us to support a rapidly growing number of deployments with tight SLAs. Come help us push the envelope!
What We Are Building
The Compute Grid team is responsible for building an abstraction layer that manages Kubernetes resources on behalf of the application, thus allowing Domino application engineers to implement product features without having to interface directly with the underlying platform. This allows the CG layer to manage assets like distributed cluster operators to add support for Spark, Ray and Dask clusters within Domino or Image building capabilities that can leverage buildkit to build OCI compliant images that is runtime agnostic (not Docker-specific) inside a userspace container to improve Domino's security posture.
What Your Impact Will Be
- Be a highly technical and effective people manager
- Build trust within your team and make them productive by shielding them from external factors (enquiries/triage/escalations) as necessary so that they can focus on their deliverables
- Empower your engineers to develop their career growth by providing guidance as well as mapping projects that match their strengths and work out a personalized growth plan for each of them.
- Build strong partnerships with other teams within engineering and product management to grow our roadmap and improve customer experience
- Build a quarterly roadmap, execution plan and work with product managers to ensure solutions are well planned and delivered on-time
- Drive engineering wide initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level
What We Look For In This Role
- 7+ years of engineering contributions as an individual contributor
- 2+ years as engineering manager responsible for people management for the engineers in your team
- Experience designing for and managing Kubernetes clusters and workloads
- Experience designing for and working with container technologies (Docker, CRI-O, podman) and working with cloud native solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP, EKS, AKS, GKE)
- Strong problem solving skills and Experience in coding in one or more of Java, Scala, Go, Python languages
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply